100% natural rosemary and lavender eyebrow gel recipe!
Have you ever heard of eyebrow gel or pomade? Yes, there is indeed eyebrow gel! Its purpose is to keep the hairs of the eyebrows in place, correctly aligned. You can even find tinted brow gel to “style” brows and strengthen the brow line in one step. Gone is that ruffled brow look. In addition, it is all the more important to avoid chemicals that are found on the market, because these chemicals can seep into the skin. (1)
How to use the eyebrow gel?
So a question arises: How to use eyebrow gel. The idea is to hold and align the brow hairs so they look perfectly defined – almost like hairspray would. And, if you have thick brows, brow gel is a must-have in your makeup bag. For some, eyebrow gel is all you need ?
The idea is to hold and align the brow hairs so they look perfectly defined – almost like hairspray would. And, if you have thick eyebrows, eyebrow gel is a must of your makeup bag. For some, eyebrow gel is all you need.
- First, simply comb the eyebrow hairs to achieve the shape you desire. Using a clean mascara brush or toothbrush,
- Then apply the eyebrow gel.
- Brush the inside of the thickest area upwards.
- Next, brush the arches upwards and outwards. This will provide a soft, natural shape for the eyebrows.
- Apply eyebrow gel
Now that you know how to use eyebrow gel, let’s see how to simply make it at home.
Brow gel: Prepare your custom shade
Depending on the color you need, you will need to consider the tint ingredient – namely, activated charcoal for black, cocoa powder for brown, beetroot powder for a red tint, and ginger powder for a pale, creamy look. However, if you just want a colorless brow gel, just skip this step.
For a tinted gel, place a few drops of your favorite tinted ingredients in a small bowl, adding other ingredients throughout the process to achieve your desired color. You can also mix and match! For example, if you want a dark brown shade, consider mixing a little charcoal with cocoa powder.
The ingredients that turn your gel into hair and skin care…
Add aloe vera gel. You might be wondering if aloe vera is good for eyebrows? The answer is yes ! Aloe vera is a healthy way to get a controlled shape while providing skin healing properties. It is also beneficial for eyebrow hair. It contains vitamins A, C and E, all of which are excellent for healthy skin and hair.
Then add the essential oils of rosemary and lavender. Rosemary doesn’t just add delicious flavor to foods; it has long been known to promote hair growth, which means it can help thicken eyebrows.
Lavender is simply excellent for the skin since it is very healing and helps to reduce acne. Plus, you get the bonus of a little aromatherapy by inhaling the scent!
Now make sure you have mixed your ingredients. At this point you can determine if you need to lighten or thicken the mixture. While arrowroot (Maranta Arundinaea) is known to help boost immunity and soothe the digestive system, arrowroot powder is perfect for making your brow gel the right color and consistency. Add a few shards until you reach the desired thickness and color.
Once you have achieved the perfect color, you can transfer the mixture to a small, clean container.
Make your own eyebrow gel mixture
Homemade eyebrow gel in summary:
- Total preparation time: 5-10 minutes
- Yield : Gives about 3 cl of gel
For tinted gel, select color options: activated carbon for black; cocoa powder for brown; beet powder for red; or ginger powder for a pale, creamy look. (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of 100% pure aloe vera gel.
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- arrowroot powder (optional)
- For tinted gel, sprinkle some of the tint into a small bowl, and add more as needed to achieve your desired color.
- Add the aloe vera gel and mix.
- Add the essential oils and mix.
- If you need to lighten the color or thicken the mixture, add a few drops of arrowroot powder.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a small clean container.