Why shave when you can make your own wax at home? Here’s how to make your “MAISON” depilatory wax without ever missing it… Super easy!
With this little tutorial you will learn how to make sugar wax at home in a few easy steps! The time for shaving (or at least it should be) is long gone! Shaving causes ingrown hairs, razor bumps and irritated skin. Plus, shaving only takes a few days, and by the end of the year you’ll have spent hundreds of dollars on razors and shaving cream. I think we can find better ways to spend our money right?!
Read also : Slow down hair regrowth
The advantage with sugar wax is that it is so much more pleasant for your skin than shaving or hair removal with commercial chemical wax. It’s all natural and won’t pull (break) hairs or cause blistering or irritation (a method that does not sting or pull the skin!). Sugar wax is also a much gentler way to remove hair, and doesn’t hurt as much as traditional waxing.
So let’s see how to make sugar wax (the eastern method, the most durable, natural and least painful)
You will need :
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- As you can see, the ingredients are all 100% natural and you probably already have them in your kitchen. Plus, imagine what you’ll save!
How to proceed :
- In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients and mix them together with a wooden spoon.
- Place the pan over high heat and wait for the mixture to become “bubbly”.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly. It is extremely important to stir, stir, stir, stir, otherwise the mixture will harden and you will have to start from scratch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a medium golden brown color. This should take around 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take a spoonful of the sugar wax mixture and place it in the refrigerator.
- Allow to cool, and if the consistency is still not goodreturn the mixture to heat.
- The consistency should be thick and malleable (you must be able to pick it up….like wax).
- Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer to a bowl.
How to use it :
- Using a wooden spoon, spatula or even your hands, take a small amount of oriental wax from the bowl and roll it between your hands to form a ball.
- Press the ball to flatten it on the area to be waxed. The sugar wax should be about 1 mm thick on your skin.
- You can also use wax strips, pressing the wax onto the skin, then placing the wax strips on top of the sugar wax.
- Then rub the strips back and forth to create some friction.
- Take a deep breath, pick up the end of the wax, and pull out quickly and in one motion against the direction of hair growth.
- You can reuse the same piece of wax 3-4 times before making a new ball.
The wax can be used on any part of the body, including bikini area, armpits, face and legs.
Sugar waxing should take a few weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows.
And you? What is the best homemade wax recipe to combat hair on the legs, armpits or bikini area (or other parts of the body)? Share it with the community, add your easy method in the comments!